Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

Carrot Cake



In  a big bowl measure and stir together:
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cardamom (I love this spice. Great on baked pears!)
1/4 tsp salt

Add 2 eggs
1/4 C melted ghee  or butter or safflower oil
1/4 C maple syrup
1/2 walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C.apple juice
1 C grated organic carrots

The proportions of oil and water can be adjusted to get a thick batter that is easily stirred.  Spread into a baking dish (8" x 8") and bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden.

This is a new recipe for me--I invented it minutes ago--so the results are not out of the oven yet.  I'll let you know.  As for icing, I think a dusty of powdered sugar would do.  Or perhaps creamy goat cheese mixed with powdered sugar and vanilla.  I'll try this and let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment