Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Emily Dickinson's Gingerbread Recipe


Variations are mine to make this recipe gluten and dairy free:

4 Cups Bob's Gluten-free Baking Mix
1/2 C. Ghee or Butter
1/2 non-dairy whip
1 Tbl ginger
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp salt
Make up with molasses (a little more than a cup is about right)

Cream the butter or ghee and mix with whip.  Sift dry ingredients together and combine with other ingredients.  The dough is stiff and needs to be pressed into whatever pan you choose.  A round or small square pan is suitable.  bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Read a poem while it cools.

See Kelli Russell Agodon's new book "Letters from the Emily Dickinson Room" www.agodon.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this - I love gingerbread! Do you know what Bob's baking mix has in it? I try to stick with just the potato and rice flours...
    Have so much fun with Kelli!
    PS Have you seen my new blog? glutenfreenorthwestadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only bake with rice flour, coconut flour, and bean flour. The other day I had cookies a friend made with Bob's, so I suggested the flour. It's easy to find. I'll check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete