Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Eggs with Goat Cheese and Greens

I like to buy the big bin of greens from Costco.  Because I'm mostly cooking for one, I have to go through them quickly.  So I eat them as salads, put them in my rice tortilla wraps, and load my omelette with them.

Beat 4 eggs until smooth.  Add a sprinkling of sea salt.
Pour into med-hot olive oiled pan.  Let the eggs cook a bit, tipping up an edge to allow the uncooked egg to run under the pancake and cook.  When most of the egg is cooked, load up with greens (app. 1 cup).  Also (if you can eat goat or sheep cheese) add a tablespoon or two of cheese.  Fold the omelette in half and cover with a lid.  This lets the cheese melt a bit.  I was always taught to not let the eggs brown, but they always seem to.  Perhaps I keep the heat too high. This omelette will most likely feed two. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment