Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Fried Oysters

Yes, oysters.  One of my favorite foods.  When I was a teen I used to eat raw oysters, oyster sliders, with my dad.  Lots of people say yuck to this, but I've always been experimental with food.  Why not? Raw oysters aren't something I generally order when I eat at a good seafood restaurant, but fried oysters, yes.  And living where I can buy them fresh in the Pacific Northwest, what a joy.

Recipe:  One jar of baby oysters.  The smaller ones are more tender and more palatable visually.  Drain the oysters and dust with rice flour.  Now the most important part, melt butter or ghee in a large fry pan.  Fry your oysters for a short amount of time, turning so each side is browned golden. Salt and pepper and serve with salad and a starch--such as rice or potatoes.

Yummy!
P&J Oyster Cookbook, The

No comments:

Post a Comment