Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Hot Enchiladas


When I was in high school my best friend and I would make large baking dishes stuffed with oniony, cheesy enchiladas.  Now I make them with chicken and onion.  I love enchilada sauce and don't mind the heat.  I don't use as many onions and we used back then.  Here's the recipe.

Set oven to 350 degrees.

12 corn tortillas
1/2 organic onion, chopped fine
2 C. roasted chicken, chopped
1 can sliced black olives
1 can gluten-free enchilada sauce
1 can organic refried beans
Grated non-dairy cheese to taste.

In a large oven-proof pan, line up filled and rolled enchiladas--lay out heated tortillas (I often heat them in the sauce) and fill with refried beans, onion, chicken, black olives, and cheese.  Once the pan is filled with the rolls, pour over the top, enchilada sauce.  Make sure they enchiladas are covered.  Sprinkle with more cheese and olives and bake for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.  Serve with a green salad.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment