Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Angus Burgers with Avocado an Aioli

I buy my beef at Costco.  It's organic and fresh and less expensive then beef at Trader Joe's--although you can just buy one pound there.  Generally, I'm cooking for one, so it's a little tough eating the same meal day after day.  So once I make something, it's good to freeze portions for the nights I don't feel like cooking.

Angus Burgers

Form beef into 1/4 pound patties--one package from Costco is one pound of beef.   Salt and pepper well.
Fry over medium heat.  Mother used to turn her beef patties once the juice began to collect on the top of the meat.  Let it cook until your preferred rareness or well-doneness.

Serve with sliced avocados (a very good fat for our bodies) and aioli sauce.

Enjoy!
Nancy

PS  If you want to use a bun, try local bakeries for gluten free buns--or look in the freezer case at your local grocers.  Trader Joes sells rice tortillas.  Fred Meyers has gluten free breads in their freezer case in the health food section.  I like Avenue Bread's GF buns and bread--although they do have dairy in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment