Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Brown Rice Tortilla Wrap

At Trader Joe's they sell a tasty brown rice tortilla.  I like to use them for sandwiches, pizza, toast replacement for breakfast, and enchiladas.  All you need to do is heat a tortilla in a frying pan until softened, then fill with tuna and greens.  I've taken these wraps hiking, only problem with them is the tortilla is a bit brittle and can break apart.  So I put them in a sandwich bag to keep them together.

For pizza, I lay them out on a oiled baking sheet and amend them with pesto, chicken, black oils, sliced tomatoes and onions, perhaps pineapple, and other traditional pizza toppings.  I can eat a little goat cheese, so I sprinkle a bit on and bake about 15 minutes at 350.  The tortilla crisps up and the pizza is delicious.

Enjoy,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment